Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Feeling discouraged

The whole situation has me down. I feel like I'm on an impossible journey - improve the bottom line, but don't make any changes along the way. Book more rooms on the same model that's keeping us empty. The psychologist's definition of insanity is performing the same action and expecting different results. And it certainly feels like insanity around here.

I'll be working up a proposal over the next few weeks. It will include suggestions and improvements to dramatically increase bookings and POS sales, as well as to streamline the office. Everything from financials to marketing to rearranging the front office. During that time I hope to shop two major competitors to support my findings. If my entire proposal is rejected out-of-hand, then it will be time for me to move on. I refuse to bail water out of a sinking ship for the next several years all the while screaming for a cork!

No comments: