Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Burning the midnight oil

Or the after-7pm oil at least. SuperInn successfully transferred our guest database, but it's happened with a quirk. If there were two names entered under a particular reservation, as it is for a couple staying together, the names do not attach to each other. I doubt that there's a reservation software out there that can transfer two names together in this fashion, but it gives me one more step when recreating our reservations.

It's not as cut-and-dry as dropping the name into the reservation; I have to make sure and add their services, like massages and packages. Because I've built everything in myself, I'm still doing QC to make sure I've entered pricing and taxes correctly, and fixing errors as I come across them. I've decided to toss the old system at the end of the month, so any new reservations coming in for June and after will be put directly into SuperInn. Reservations for the rest of this month will have to be entered into both. It's doubling work that's already triplicated to begin with, but it's better than trying to figure out which system was used for each reservation when doing the morning paperwork.

My goal for this evening is to get the weekend transferred over. Fingers crossed.

No comments: