Sunday, April 27, 2008

Upgrading Linens & Housekeeping

We're currently using a linen-cleaning service that provides the linens and launders them. The linens are *crappy* (the stars signify saying the word in Jon Stewart's best high-pitched voice). I believe they're 180 thread count, they're washed with everything else at the service, and the harsh chemicals used makes them practically crunchy. They're basically motel linens. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a guarantee that we'll get OUR linens back from the service if I purchase new.

Housekeeping is kind of a dream. Unlike other inns, we've had the same staff for years. They make their own schedules, cover each others' shifts, and always have the rooms ready on time. There are a few quality issues, but it's getting better. The worst problem with housekeeping is the cleaning products! Walking into a guest room is like an assault on the senses - I get headaches. Several guests have commented that, "This room sure does smell clean." And not in a good way. I may have a vendor who'll sell me green cleaning products at just a slight markup from wholesale. Add that to the list.

No comments: